How to Contract through SuranceBay
Contracting with many of our carriers is done through SuranceBay. To contract through SuranceBay, follow these steps:
- Create an account (If you have not already done so).
- Creating an account consists of two steps:
- Creating an account consists of two steps:
- Log into SuranceBay and select the carrier(s) that you want.
- After you submit your contract, check your e-mail frequently for any notifications regarding your contract.
What is SuranceBay?
SuranceBay is a contracting platform many insurance companies use for contracting. It is a quick and efficient way to become contracted with several different insurance companies.
Carriers all ask for the same information on prospective producers: demographic info, licenses, background questions, E&O insurance details, etc. By completing your profile on SuranceBay and submitting this information, you can then request contracting paperwork from different companies. When completing a contract, the information you previously provided will automatically populate from your profile, making the contracting process that much simpler. SuranceBay helps save time, as well as eliminates the hassle of paper contracts.
The insurance companies we offer that contract through SuranceBay are:
- Aetna Senior Products
- Guarantee Trust Life (GTL)
- Trinity Life
- United American
- Go to the following link to access SuranceBay: https://surelc.surancebay.com/sbweb/agency/634.
- Click on "New User."
- Fill in your Social Security Number and Last Name or your licenses state and license number. Click "next."
- Enter your date of birth. Click "next."
- Read and acknowledge the PDB report. Click "I accept."
- Enter your email address.
- Retype the email address (you cannot cut and paste the email address into the second email box. You have to type it in.)
- Type in your cell phone, this is optional. SuranceBay will need your cell phone number in the event you need to reset your password at some time in the future. Click "next."
- Confirm the information is correct.
- Congratulations! Your account has been created.
- You will be receiving an email from ABC Producers LLC dba ABC Medicare Plans <firstname.lastname@example.org> with an activation link. Please click on that link as soon as you receive the email.
- The instructions for the activation is below.
- You will receive an email from <email@example.com> that will include your account activation link.
- If you don't see the email in your Inbox, be sure to check your Junk or Spam folders.
- Open the email and click on the link labeled "click here."
- This will take you to the SureApp activation screen.
- Activation is automatic and once completed you will then get a screen to create your login password.
- Type in your login password into the new password field; then confirm in the confirm password field.
- Be sure to follow the password rules and that all rules are check marked and green.
- Once complete, click "Change Password."
- Once successful, you will receive a pop up that says your password has been created.
- Click "OK" then log in with the user name and password you created.
- Once you have your password set up, you can start working with SureApp.
- Please note, once you have used the activation link contained in the activation email, you'll no longer be able to use it to get to the SureApp screen. It is a one time link that goes dead once it's been used.
- Use the second link in the activation email you received to get to the SureLC app.
You will now log in with your User Name and Password.
The first time you log in, you will have to read and accept a SuranceBay agreement by checking a box at the very bottom of the page (scroll down all the way to the bottom) that says you have read the agreement and click "next."
Your SureApp Home now appears with the Icons: My Profile, My Appt. Requests Get Appointed, Accounts & Settings and Help.
To get appointed with the different carriers, you will click on the "My Appt. Requests Get Appointed" icon (this is the man walking up the stairs icon.)
Go to the far top right and click on "Request Appointment."
You will select from the companies listed under Carrier selection. (You will have to select and contract with each company one by one. You cannot select all carriers at one time.)
Once you click on the box by the carrier you want to be contracted with, under the Request button, the Contract button will automatically default.
Select the states you want to be licensed with for that company.
Select the products you want to sell.
Answer the questions, if any.
Your information from your Vendor Profile and NIPR are automatically filled into the contract application.
Make sure all information is correct by scrolling through each page.
The contract is automatically sent to ABC Producers LLC for us to view and submit to the carrier.
Complete these above steps for each carrier.