How To Get An Insurance License in Arkansas
The first step to launching your business as an independent producer is obtaining your insurance license.
If you live in Arkansas, you will need to apply for a Resident Producer's License with the Arkansas Insurance Department (AID).
To sell Medicare plans with ABC Medicare Plans, you will need to obtain an Accident & Health license. The Life Insurance license is not required, but many agents complete their requirements since most of the pre-licensing study courses cover that material.
You also may need a Life License to enroll your clients in additional coverage beyond Medicare plans.
The first step to getting licensed is to sign up for a study course that will help you prepare for the exam.
We recommend using LicenseCoach.com, an online study course (Discount Code:ABC4400).
As an ABC Medicare Plans candidate, you will receive a $140 discount when you enter our coupon code (see instructions below).
1) Enrollment instructions for LicenseCoach:
- Go to www.licensecoach.com and click "SIGN UP"
- Select Insurance Certification
- Choose your "State" and click "Go".
- Select your course
- Enter the coupon code ABC4400 in the appropriate box and click "Apply"
- Your ABC-discounted pricing is $59.99
- Normal website pricing is $199.00. That is a $140.00 savings!
- Enter your personal information
- Enter your payment information and click on "Place Order Now" to complete your purchase and begin studying.
2) Apply for your Arkansas license
You must apply and be issued an Arkansas insurance license in order to sell, solicit, or negotiate (or adjust) insurance in the state of Arkansas.
- Go to www.nipr.com to complete and submit your Arkansas Insurance exam application. At the end of the process, you will pay the $15 application fee via credit card.
- You will be notified of your eligibility via email. If email is not possible, a letter will be sent. This letter contains your eligibility and exam registration information.
- If you are authorized to take the exam, follow the instructions in the eligibility communication to register for and schedule the exam. Your will pay your exam fee to Pearson VUE by credit card at this time.
Resident License Fee: $15
3) Schedule your exam
Receive the Authorization to Test from Pearson VUE.
Schedule your examination with Pearson VUE by following the instructions on your Authorization to Test
Exam Cost: $66
4) Take your exam
Go to the Pearson VUE test center on the day of the examination, bringing ID and your Course Completion Certificate
(Appendix 3A-3F). See page 9 of the Candidate Information Booklet for more information.
Your exam will consist of multiple-choice questions and will be taken on a computer at the testing location.
After submitting your exam, your results will be provided before you leave the location.
If you fail, you will be allowed to reschedule your next attempt. Information will be provided to you each time before you leave the facility.