Mutual Of Omaha Certifications
There are three components to be “Ready to Sell” Medicare Advantage (MA) for Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Company (MOMAC), Medicare Advantage Insurance Company of Omaha (MAICO) and Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) for Omaha Health Insurance Company (OHIC). All three components must be completed.
- Contracting - In order to sell Medicare Advantage and/or Prescription Drug Plans a MOMAC/MAICO/OHIC contract must be signed and submitted. A MAICO amendment is available for MOMAC/OHIC contracted producers.
- AHIP Certification - All producers wishing to sell MA and PDP must successfully complete the 2020 America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) certification. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires that any producer who wants to sell MA or PDP must complete a Medicare and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse training and certification. Only training and certification from AHIP will be accepted by MOMAC, OHIC or MAICO.
- Access - The AHIP certification link can be found on Sales Professional Access (SPA) (http://www.mutualofomaha.com/broker). Products > Medicare Solutions > Sales Tools >Product Education > AHIP Training (Note - an AHIP certification link also resides on the product pages for MA and PDP on SPA)
- Discount - A $50 discount will be applied when a producer completes certification via our SPA link. The charge is $125.
- Passing Score - You are allowed three attempts to pass with a minimum score of 90 percent.
- Submission - Upon successful completion of the AHIP Certification, you may have your results submitted electronically to Mutual of Omaha. To have your results submitted directly to Mutual of Omaha, you must access the AHIP Training link within SPA. If you’ve taken your AHIP training through another carrier, you can have your results sent to Mutual of Omaha. No need to pay to take the training again. You’ll find instructions as you click through the AHIP training link on Sales Professional Access.
- Product Training - Specific product training for each product (MA and PDP) must be successfully completed for each plan year you are selling.
- Access - Specific product training can be found on SPA. Medicare Advantage Link: Products > Medicare Solutions > Medicare Advantage > Product Training Prescription Drug Link: Products > Medicare Solutions > Prescription Drug Plan > Product Training
- Passing Score - You are allowed three attempts to pass with a minimum score of 85 percent.
Notification of Ready To Sell
When MOMAC/OHIC/MAICO has record of an executed contract and successful completion of both the AHIP Certification and product specific training:
- An appointment notification will be emailed to the MGA notifying them that the producer is ready to sell.
- A welcome packet will be emailed to the producer notifying them that they are ready to sell.
- The MGA can verify on Sales Professional Access MOMAC, OHIC and MAICO state appointment status.
- If producer is contracting to sell Medicare supplement, Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans, three separate appointment notifications and welcome packets are sent to both the MGA and the producer.
Becoming Ready to Sell is an annual requirement. All producers planning to offer Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plans must certify for each plan year they wish to sell. Compensation cannot be paid to producers that are not Ready to Sell. To be considered ready to sell, you must have: the applicable AHIP Certification; successfully passed the specific product training; and, be licensed and appointed - as required by each state - as of the application sign date.