- An EDC (External) Agent must choose whether to pursue America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Certification before starting the 2020 Medicare Basics* Test. If an EDC Agent completes AHIP certification, they will get credit for Medicare Basics, which includes Medicare Advantage Plans (non-Special Needs Plans), Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans upon completion of the other two prerequisites tests.
- Prior to completing United Healthcare product certifications, you must complete your AHIP Medicare Training.
- In order to receive a discount on your AHIP, Aetna offers a $50 discount- you do not have to be contracted in order to complete your AHIP through Aetna. Click here for more detailed instructions.
- After completing your AHIP, you can begin product certifications for United Healthcare. Please note that if you complete your 2020 certifications, you will not need to complete 2019 certifications in order to sell 2019 plans during AEP. The 2020 certifications will cover you for the rest of the plan year 2019.
- To complete certifications, you will login to UHC Jarvis.
- You must register upon first-time use of Jarvis: https://www.uhcjarvis.com/. Registration is begun by clicking on the "Register" button located on the home page.
- The following information is needed in order to register for account activation: Party ID (communicated in the Party ID Notification Letter) or Writing Number/Agent ID (communicated in Welcome Letter) Social Security number or Tax identification number, and ZIP code.
- Once you have registered on Jarvis after receiving your Party ID, you will need to log in to begin certifications.
- Hover on the Knowledge Center and click on Certifications under the Training heading.
- On the Certifications page click on the "Launch Certifications" button.
- All courses available to you are listed under the "Certifications", "Electives", or "Invitation Only" links.
- IMPORTANT: If you choose to certify via AHIP, you need to complete the 2020 AHIP Certification before any other 2020 Certification tests. Failure to do so will result in AHIP score rejection.
- If you have NOT completed your AHIP you can complete the UHC Prerequisites, in place of it. Please note that this will only replace the AHIP for UHC. To certify with other carriers you will still need to complete the AHIP.
- Next, you must pass the following tests:
• 2020 Ethics and Compliance
• 2020 AARP® Course
- If a course has more than one module listed, you will need to click on, access and successfully complete each module to get credit for the entire course.
- Once you have completed a course and passed, the appropriate Gold Medallion will show with the completion date underneath it.
- AARP—for 2020, all agents must complete the AARP course to meet the AARP portion of the certification requirement.
- If you want to be able to sell the SNP plan(s) in your area you will need to complete the SNP test to be certified to sell those plans.
- If you intend to work in a Walmart during AEP you will need to complete the Events Basic Certification on the Electives page.
For more details on the UHC Annual Certification Requirements please view the Certification Guide.
When all contracting requirements are met and you have taken and passed all mandatory certification tests and at least one product certification test, Agent On-Boarding will submit state appointment requests to each state requested.
Once the appointment request is submitted, you will be issued a writing number. You are now ready to sell.